Fossil Q Founder Smartwatch Review
As smartwatches continue to become more mainstream, classic watchmakers are going through a transitional period.
Rather than seeing the smartwatches as a threat, more fashion companies are embracing the idea of using tech to better their products. Swarovski. Tag Heuer‘s partnership with Intel.
And now, Fossil is taking the stage.Fossil is bringing its watch know-how to Android Wear with their new Fossil Q Founder watch. Fossil knows how to make and sell watches. Its wide selection of timepieces is made of quality materials. It is above the line. Still luxury but on the low-cost side of it.
The face of a watch holds as much of its personality as its case and band, so Fossil created a few custom watch faces for the Q Founder. Currently there are just six of these designs, but even the more modernized options with digital clocks speak to Fossil’s vintage aesthetic.
The software glue that holds everything together is Android Wear. There’s apps for Android and iOS although using it with an iPhone is a more restrictive experience. So it doesn’t let you do things like reply to texts or access Google’s Android Wear apps
- Design looks a genuinely attractive piece of hardware that looks like a real watch.
- Supports Qi wireless charging, so you can juice it up on third-party pads.
- 1GB RAM could help future-proof for the next year’s software.
- The Q Founder isn’t getting the claimed 24 hour usage for me. It’s more like 16-17 hours,
- The display It’s okay for me, but I know some people will consider this a deal breaker.
- The size t’s a big watch, and there’s no smaller option.
|Display||1.5-inch LCD. 360 x 326, 240 PPI|
|Processor||Intel Atom Z34XX|
|Measurements||46mm x 13mm case|
|Wireless||WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1|
That is it for Fossil Q Founder Smartwatch Review , please feel free to ask questions, leave a feedback and comment below😉. Your support is also greatly appreciated and keeps these reviews coming and the website functioning in these every changing times and growing challenges…
- Smartwatch with stainless steel case featuring touch screen-activated display with activity tracker
- 47 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Touch screen watch in silver-tone case featuring activity tracker and seamless phone/laptop connectivity